Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Princess Joey

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Passion Rediscovered

Ever since I’ve had Joey, I rediscovered my passion for kids. I knew since young that I like children, and even when I was 7 or 8 years old, I would hold ‘mini classroom sessions’ for my neighbours’ kids, teaching them how to spell, how to draw and even how to sing. In the midst of growing up, however, I seemed to have forgotten this part of me.

Taking care of babies is definitely not easy. You can ask any one who has given birth before. It’s VERY HARD WORK. Apart from not having enough sleep & rest, you sacrifice a whole lot of freedom, personal time and private space. It requires crucifying your flesh when the need calls for it, like waking up at 3am just to feed the baby, or bathing the kid upon reaching home late and you feel like you could fall asleep walking.

Yet, in the midst of all the tiredness and the ‘I-feel-like-dying’ emotions, there is a deep satisfaction & happiness in taking care of my own baby. Not only my own baby, but now when I see other babies & kids, a smile will spring up on my face immediately. They’re just so cute & adorable!

Maybe I might consider becoming a nanny when I retire. Haha.. definitely not now though, cos I don’t believe anyone will have confidence in such a young babysitter. Won’t want parents to freak out! But it’s indeed a happy thought if I could be surrounded by cute kids everyday. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home