Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Princess Joey

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Fall

It’s funny how the same things can happen to different people all at the same time.

Those of you who read Isaiah’s blog knows that Joey fell down from our bed the other day. It was the first time it happened, so you can guess how nerve-wreaking it was for us. At the same time, I read from 2 other friends’ blogs that their babies also fell. I can really understand how it feels. Especially when my baby fell because I left her unattended.
But of course, we all know that almost every baby has her fair share of falls. I like what Rachel says - Falling down just makes us grow up. The fall may be painful, but it also teaches us something and makes us stronger.

When the fall happened, my heart nearly stopped beating. I left Joey right in the middle of my king-size bed.to go to the toilet to wet her towel. She was whining when I left her. The next thing I knew, I heard a loud wailing from Joey and I even thought that she was just very angry that I left her all alone. Isaiah walked in slowly to pacify her (I think he also thought she was just very angry) and then all of a sudden, he shouted very loudly, “DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

He must have gotten a rude shock when he went in and saw Joey lying on the floor face-up!

My poor gal. I don’t know how it happened because she has yet to learn how to crawl yet and even if she did flip over & started to crawl, she should be crawling forward and not backwards. Anyhow, she should have crawled backwards and slipped down the bed.

She is such a poor thing because on the same day earlier on in the afternoon, she hit her forehead against a rounded but pointed toy in the office nursery when she was learning how to crawl. Apparently, she lurched forward and the toy flew a great distance away after hitting her. Imagine the impact. I was working in the office when I heard her sudden loud & fierce cries. Not only I, but almost everyone around me turned & asked, “Oh man, what happened? Whose baby is crying like that??”

2 hits in 1 day.

Anyway, she recovered fast from all the hit & fall. She still eats normally with a good appetite and is as playful as ever. So, at least we can put our hearts at ease. I pray that there’ll not be any bad after effects..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home