Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Princess Joey

Monday, October 09, 2006

A Busy Day

Brought Joey out to Causeway in the afternoon today. I suddenly had this craving for Ya Kun, so decided to go there just to eat the kaya toast. haha.. Oh yes, before I forgot, Joey & I wore mother-daughter outfit today! We both wore shocking pink jeans!

Look at Joey's..


If you had been following this blog since the beginning, you would remember that this was the first pair of jeans that I bought for Joey. When I saw it at Fox Baby, I immediately wanted to get it although it's for 6 - 9 months, cos I have a similar pair of jeans too! And I told myself that I would wear it together with her one day. :)

Look at us.. can tell which thigh is whose? :) Hee. so easy..


Joey was behaving well MOST of the time, except when I was halfway eating my Ya Kun toast. At first she was pretty captured by the bak kuah shop's bright yellow lights.


Then she got impatient and I had to put her in the highchair... Then, she was happy. :)


After my delicious kopi-O and kaya toast, I decided that tonight I shall do one of my long lost hobby & so that dear dear would have a nice warm dinner waiting for him when he comes home! I decided to whip up a feast! So, off we went to the Cold Storage.

I must say, it was really hard to go marketing with a stroller because I could only take the basket and in the end, could not really buy that much food. Besides buying some broccoli and pork for Joey's porridge, I only bought ingredients for 3 dishes. But, already the basket was full and I almost died carrying it and pushing the stroller at the same time.


It turned out that Isaiah's brother, David, also thought of whipping up a nice dinner tonight, so we decided that I cook some, and he cooks some. I would procrastinate my deep fried tofu balls to another day cos really too many dishes. The ending result was fascinating. :)

Presenting....... *drum roll* ......... DINNER!

I made watercress soup with pork ribs. My first attempt, and it turned out alright except alittle bitter. =P. Soups are almost the simplest dish anyone can cook. Just dump in all the ingredients & cook for a long time. hehe. I only used red dates, soup pork ribs, watercress.. and a nice & healthy soup emerged!

David made curry chicken! He used some ready mixture package, but the result really smelled very good! Yum Yum!

David also cooked eggs with ham and dou miao with mushrooms, while I stir-fried prawns with celery! My first time using celery in my cooking too, but it smelled good, and is cancer-fighting! =)

Finally, dinner ended with my self-made mango salad! Dear Dear has been telling me he wants to eat mango salad and asked me if I knew how to make. Based on my own imagination, I came out with the following Thai-style recipe. Hehe.. Eat-able lah, don't worry.


Thai-style Mango Salad

3 large Thai mangoes (best are those with green skins)

10 small limes

3 small chilies

5 slices of Pomelo

3 stalks of mint leaves

Small portion of sugar syrup

* * * * * *

1. Slice mangoes into small strips. Put into mixture bowl.

2. Squeeze the limes into the mixture bowl. Use a sifter to remove seeds.

3. Finely chop the chilies, remove the seeds & put into bowl.

4. Pour in sugar syrup. (just a little will do)

5. Shred the pomelo and put into bowl.

6. Shred the mint leaves & put into bowl.

7. Mix well and put into fridge.

8. Serve chilled.

This salad is very spicy & sour. A sure perk-up if you are having a bad appetite. :)

* * * * * *

Busy but fulfilling day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home