Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Princess Joey

Saturday, October 21, 2006

A 2nd One?

You know how it is. Before you got attached, your parents ask you when you will find a boyfriend. When you find a boyfriend, your relatives ask you when you are finally settling down & getting married. When you are finally married, people bombard you with the same question every time they see you, ‘So, when are you going to have kids?’ Even after your first kid is born, they ask you, ‘When is the 2nd one coming?’

Barely one month after Joey was borned, I had people asking me when will the 2nd one come. HELLO? You try asking someone who has just gone through 10 months with a big balloon infront of them and probably over 10 hours of giving birth, you get a big, ‘NOT SO SOON!’ right in your face.


That day I was chatting with Pastor Audrey and I told her before I had Joey, I used to think that I would want to have 3 kids. But after giving birth to Joey, I think 1 is enough. Haha.. Not because Joey is a difficult kid or anything like that. But I've come to realise what it means to have a kid. The load of responsibility, money & time commitment is great. Emotionally, mentally and physically, one must be very prepared for it.

Then Pastor shared with me that it's only normal for me to think that way now, especially when Joey is only 6 months old. But there will come a time when I will feel like having a 2nd child and that you are ready to go through it all over again. I asked Pastor if the intention to have a second kid is for the sake of her first kid, to let her have a companion? She said, "No, it's because I really want it myself."

Coming from a mother of 2, I think her words are highly believable. Otherwise, why would people give birth to so many children? There will come a point when you feel like you want to have more children. No matter how tough or tiring it was taking care of the previous one. Well, my time will come, I guess. But I know for now, one Joey is enough. haha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home